500g chicken thighs, chop into bite size pieces
A glug of oil
1 small onion, roughly chopped
1 tomato, roughly chopped
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 thumb size of ginger, finely chopped
2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
150ml chicken stock
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat
2. Add the onion and Now Now Whole Spice Mix and cook them slowly. The onions should be semi-translucent and the spices should be aromatic. Be careful not to burn them!
3. Add the chicken and stir it all up. Let this cook for a few minutes.
4. Add Now Now Ground Spice Mix and give it a good stir!
6. Add the garlic, ginger, tomato and potatoes, stir it all up
7. Cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally so that all the delicious flavours infuse
8. Pour in the stock and bring to the boil
9. Turn down to a medium heat, pop on the lid and leave to simmer or until the potatoes are cooked through
10. If you are using lamb, cook for longer until the lamb is tender
11. Remove the lid and crank up the heat
12. Cook for a further 8 minutes at the end so that your culinary masterpiece has a chance to reduce to a deeply flavoured sauce
Tip: If you would like it more spicy, add extra chopped up chillies when adding garlic and ginger! Or you could add slices of red chillies and sprinkle them over the curry when you are plating it up.